Friday, February 14, 2014

It Runs !!!

A multitude of details. Fresh engine, fresh turbo 350, FRESH EVERYTHING!

After a last complete circuit evaluation (defective new starter switch), I got out the beads, placed them in my old tithing dish, poured 5 gallons of  Chevron "Ethyl" in the tank and waited for my friend Teak to show up.

I was nervous trying this by my self but I armed Teak with a 5 lb. fire extinguisher, 7 quarts of ATF, and a cobbled up funnel to the Lokar dipstick tube. I cable tied the funnel to the radiator support rods.
We placed the rear axle on jack stands (don't want this in the spare bedroom) and hooked up the battery with a quick release clamp.

I cannot tell a lie, there were a few glitches........

After about an hour of trying to get it to idle correctly, the points in the distributor finally just closed up...all stop??

Who ever had the idea that the blower was cool never considered working on the points. We finally adjusted them to an eyeball .016". Teak only has one good eye so he held the distributor cap up and I cleaned and set them. No match book covers but a genuine Mark IV, First Generation 1945 Eyeball (brown).

Wow, that was nice, can adjust the carb and everything.

Ended up with 10 1/2 quarts of ATF in the trans. The wheels go one direction in "DRAG" and the other direction in "RACE". How cool is that?

Every thing got better yet after the overflow tubing fell off the radiator resevoir and we got that issue addressed. It does seem to run a little warm (HOT!!) so I may need a swamp cooler for the front??

BIG +++ today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment