Thursday, January 9, 2014

Interior Update

The last two weeks have been dealing with door glass and reproduction parts! If there were a choice, I would recommend repair or rebuild for some of the components in the "A".

I installed the door glass with all new hardware then finished the door panels and installed those. This involves a number of sequenced reproduction components, some of which don't quite fit correctly. Each problem fix affects the next components........A nightmare!

Covered the cowl panels yesterday and installed today. Looks good.

We used 1/4" sew foam on the panels and the seat just barely touches the door panels when the door is closed. I would have preferred 1/2" sew foam but was concerned the the contact would wear on both pieces.

For those who consider $8 to $12k for doing this from absolute scratch out of line, I can tell you that there are at least 100 manhours in this job even for an experienced trimmer (200+ for me). Just add it up at whatever the hourly rate.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it is really coming together! Very nice...I'm glad you are happy with the results...can't wait to ride in it!